Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wiki So Far

Hello Everyone,

I am going to talk about my college Wiki page.
One of my projects in this class is creating/adding contents on college wiki pages.

I haven't added anything yet, but I would like to improve the "Fashion" page.

First, I will explain the structure of the fashion industry.  There are five levels in the fashion industry, which are Mill level, Apparel Manufacturing level, Distribution level, Retail level, and Consumers level. 

  1. Mill level: Textiles (fabrics, zippers, trims, and buttons) and finding manufacturers.
  2. Apparel Manufacturing level: Marketing, merchandising, and production. There are two types of production, which are to "perform manufacturing within own facilities and employees" or to contact some or all of the manufacturing functions to other firms. 
  3. Distribution level: Multiple global layers of distribution through brokers
  4. Retail level: Selling clothing to the consumer. There are seven formats of garment retailing (I will describe each format and some examples of retailers in Wiki)
    • Catalog Retailers 
    • Department Store Retailers
    • Internet Retailers
    • Mass Retailers
    • Specialty Retailers
    • Ware House/Wholesale clubs
    • Retailer Outlets
  5. Consumers level: Decisions at all levels are based on forecasts of consumer demand. 


Second, in order to let people know the world of fashion industry, I will explain the different categories of styles in fashion. According to a website called Noubikko, there are 8 categories: Haute (high fashion), Elegant, Dramatic (theatrical), Classic, Conservative, Western, Casual, Grunge, and Futuristic.
I will also describe their feature such as example brands, color, lines, texture, and effects. For example, Elegant style prefers to unusual and muted solid colors like gray, black and white. Dramatic style provides consumers some images such as confident, chic, sexy, and catchy. 

Third, I also want to describe the relationship between fashion industry and new media. Since social networking service have been permeated, the strategy of fashion marketing are changing to depend on social media. I will introduce some successful fashion marketing strategies via social media. I also describe some examples of fashion brands which use social media wisely and how they utilize social media to improve their brands.
  1. TOPSHOP: Twitter
  2. Dior J'Adore: YouTube
  3. Nike: Instagram
  4. Banana Republic: Facebook 
  5. Gap: Groupon 
  6. Adidas: Cross Platforms (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, Google+)

This is what I have researched so far.
I hope readers will get more information about fashion through that Wiki page that I edit!




Sources:



Categories of Fashion: 

Structure of Fashion Industry1: 

Structure of Fashion Industry 2: 

10 Best Fashion Social Media Campaigns:

http://keyhole.co/blog/10-best-fashion-social-media-campaigns/




4 comments:

  1. I can not wait to read all the information that you are going to add into the wiki. And i did not know there was a total of 8 categorizes in fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I've heard some of the categories, but I learned many things from the research. I hope I can improve more the fashion section on our class wiki.

      Delete
  2. I Agree with Spencer! Looks like you have found a lot of knowledgeable information that I never knew about fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this super interesting. I also didn't know that there were 8 categories in fashion. I though it was just affordable, something in between affordable and luxurious, and high end (luxury) retail.

    ReplyDelete