Monday, March 13, 2017

Social networking sites

Hi, Everyone. Today's topic is social networking sites.

I am comparing four different sites: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.

How do I use these four sites?

Facebook makes me easier to contact with my family and friends in Japan. Since Facebook breaks a boundary of countries, everyone is welcome to contact with people around the world. 
I also follow some news networks and newspaper companies to get information because I do not have TV at home. It was helpful because, for example, I could watch the Presidential Debates in 2016, the Election Day, or the President Inaugurations via live streams on Facebook. 

On Twitter, I am selecting specific followers and followings to focus on my interests and hobbies. For example, I like Japanese-anime (cartoons) and I am following users who like the same characters and official accounts of anime corporations. I can immediately collect and share a lot of latest information which is related to the topic. Since I have fewer friends/followers on Twitter rather than on Facebook, I feel more comfortable to share my feeling on Twitter.    

I do not constantly share my video in public, but I sometimes upload a video that I create my projects in my production class. I mostly access to YouTube to search music, movie trailers, and something that I want to know. For example, it is very helpful because when I do not know how to use a Photoshop, someone shares a video with a basic explanation and actual demonstration on his/her pc. This is one of effective ways to solve a problem.  

I think that I am enjoying Instagram the most in these four sites. By using a hashtag #, it makes me possible to access other users who post the similar photo or checkin the same place. I can find someone who have a similar interests and hobbies. Images is easy to get people's attention rather than only letters/messages. For example, if a bakery promotes a seasonal cake, they can share information with nice images of samples or cooking processes.  

Which is better or not?   

All four sites make users available to connect with other users around the world and to share their opinions or thoughts in public. Since Twitter has a word count, it might have a limitation to provide sufficient information within one tweet. However, it can simplify a topic, and avoid confusing followers or missing a main argument. In certain cases, Instagram is catchier than Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube because of an impact of the image. I believe that it is effective and easy to attract users' attentions whenever a company wants to promote a new product or service. YouTube is very informative and understandable rather than other three. It is because it includes visuals, explanations, and demonstration. If a person does not understand what a YouTuber says, s/he can still watch the video and follow what the YouTuber does. 

All social networking sites have attractive features and influence people's lifestyle. I think that social networking users are looking at various sites and choosing a proper site depending on their purposes and situations.



No comments:

Post a Comment